By Laxmi Parmeswar
- Every child must evoke two feelings in parents/teachers and all adults- tenderness for who he/she is and respect for what he/she may become.
- Children may not always be good at listening to adults but they never fail to imitate them.
- Children need love especially when they do not deserve it.
- We spend more time providing for our children’s tomorrow and not enough time being with them today.
- When children are given too many material things, they become unruly, impatient children and unhappy, childish adults.
- Home and school are the places where children first learn to limit their wishes, abide by rules, and consider the rights and needs of others.
- There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children- one is roots so they develop a solid grounding, and the other is wings, so they may soar towards their goals.